Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Work the Line

Maureen says:

If you haven't already, don't forget to visit our other home on the web:


Tom's working the line in Z's kitchen tonight while our beloved Chef de Cuisine David Federschneider takes a well- and richly-deserved night off. If you're headed out to dinner this evening, what better time to stop in for your first visit?

It was back to work for me yesterday and back into the Boston office for me today. Is it wrong to say that even with all the month-end reporting and catching up there is to do after six days out, that being there felt like slightly like vacation? I wrote to someone today that aside from mending a broken heart, opening Z is probably the hardest thing I've done to date. When I said as much to Tom he replied, "What?! This was an easy one!"

The empty blister pack of Nauzene tablets in my handbag says otherwise (thanks Ariel!). It was a rough few days for me; I even went off coffee (the horror). But I'm much better now and (finally) working on getting notes together to share with you from the opening (there are so v. many people to thank and they all should be thanked properly and publicly).

More soon!

No comments: